January 9, 2016
What is a Podiatrist?
A podiatrist or doctor of podiatric medicine (DPM) is the only healthcare professional whose total training focuses on the foot, ankle and related body systems. As a specialist in footcare, the podiatrist receives extensive training in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of foot and ankle disorders by medical and surgical means.
The podiatric physician cares for people of all ages and treats any foot problem. The common disorders treated by a podiatrist include: bunions, heel pain and spurs, hammertoes, neuromas, ingrown toenails, warts, corns and calluses. Podiatrists also render care of sprains, fractures, infections and injuries of the foot, ankle and heel.
If your podiatric surgeon is certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, he or she has successfully competed a credentialing and an examination process, ultimately demonstrating knowledge of podiatric surgery. This includes the diagnosis of general medical problems and surgical management of foot diseases, deformities and trauma of the foot, ankle and related structures.
Credentialing Officers from hospitals or surgery centers may request a copy of “A Guide to Practicing Podiatric Medicine in the Hospitals of Texas” by calling the TPMA office at 1-800-TEX-FOOT. For a clinical definition and licensing information, please go to the TSBPME resource document.
Email email@example.com to advertise on this site. Free for members and $25 for non-members. All ads will be listed for 90 days from time of ad submission.
One-of-a-Kind Wood Carving: Bigfoot is carved from an old mesquite tree from Enchanted Rock. It has several possible “corns” and a low, misplaced arch and is missing part of its heel, but it has great cuticles! It weighs about 25 lbs. $199.00. Call Dennis Friedel, 214-458-0162. Posted 06/07/19
Practice for Sale – Dallas Area: Long standing practice for sale in Dallas, TX. Fully equipped. Excellent location. Nearby major hospitals and easily accessible. North Dallas. Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posted 06/05/19
Sportsman Paradise! — Southeast Texas Podiatry Practice for Sale: Partner position available with intent to buy practice.
- Boutique practice located in new surgical hospital. On site OR, MRI, ER, Lab etc.
- Looking for a qualified candidate to transition into practice with intention of purchase of the practice over the next year.
- 40 year old practice with excellent community grassroots with strong Dr. referral pattern.
- Practice model can support one to two physicians.
- Average annual collections over $900K per year.
- Practice demographics are well balanced. Strong ankle, rearfoot and forefoot surgical volume.
- Looking for ABFAS Board Qualified/Certified physician to uphold surgical expectations of patients.
- Minimal wound care with great payer mix.
- Truly exceptional staff. MA’s/LVN’s have decades of experience and run day to day operations.
- Fully furnished office includes Fiber Optic surgical laser, DR digital x-ray system, Stryker Command 2 power instrumentation, digital orthotic scanner etc.
- Benefits of the local area offers affordable real estate, private schools, beach and lake access with great salt and freshwater fishing, dove and waterfowl hunting, lake access and many other outdoor activities.
- Projected local area growth includes 50 billion dollars in industrial expansion in coming year.
- Hospital subsidized salary guarantee of 200k per year.
- Bank financing has been arranged and is available for qualified individuals for purchase of the practice.
Serious inquiries only please. Please contact: Mark Bruyn, DPM or Andy Bruyn, DPM directly at AndyBruyn@gmail.com Posted 04/23/19
Practice for Sale in Corpus Christi: Priced to sell, a 30 year old, well organized, set and established solo general podiatry/surgical practice in Corpus Christi, Texas. Hospitals and surgical center are minutes away from office. Waterfront and downtown only 10 minutes away. Hours away from San Antonio and Houston. Call 361-883-5955 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and/or concerns. Posted 03/28/19
For Sale: Refurbished Xi-Scan mini C-Arm fluoroscopy unit with Digitizer still in the box. Works great. Only used a handful of times. Paid $18,000 for both. Asking $9500 for fluoroscopy unit, Digitizer, rolling cart, and printer. Drkkyle@gmail.com. Posted 03/01/19
Dripping Springs Medical Space for Lease: We have a building with excellent exposure for lease on Hwy 290 in very fast growing Dripping Springs, Texas. A dentist is already under construction and we would really like another medical practitioner to join them. All the details are on www.LeaseRRR.com and many excellent pictures on LoopNet. Just search “for lease” in Dripping Springs on LoopNet. Feel free to call. Kevin Katz 832-573-6013 Posted 12/19/18
For Sale: X-Cel P-750 X-ray. New Stand meeting ADA requirements. $1500.00. For more information, contact Dr. Knecht at 409-256-7199. Posted 12/13/18
X-ray machine and processor available for sale in Irving Texas: Konica Film Processor Model SRX-101A and a X-Cell X-ray unit. Both are in working condition. Photos available upon request. Please call for more details 214-492-1970.
Alex W. Garcia, DPM,FACFAS,FAPWCA
Medical & Surgical Clinics of Irving
800 W. Airport Freeway, Ste 110
Irving, TX 75062