An application for exhibit space, when co-signed by a representative of the Texas Podiatric Medical Association and a person representing a company, institution, agency, or organization, becomes a contract subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Exhibit Purpose: Exhibits are intended for educational and informational purposes to improve podiatric education, practice, and research. Materials/equipment should not contain inaccurate or misleading information. The Texas Podiatric Medical Association (TPMA) reserves the right to determine if an exhibit meets the objectives and standards of the TPMA.
- Eligibility to Exhibit: Exhibitors must agree to meet the objectives stated above. Exhibitors may sell merchandise or services in the exhibit area. No product, apparatus, instrument, device, or drug that is the subject of litigation pending before the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) may be exhibited. Products, etc., in cases of pending compliance or noncompliance with the FDA may be exhibited if a disclaimer is posted stating: FDA Listing Pending. All products or services exhibited must comply with all state and local regulations and with all current FDA regulations for such products and services, except as provided above.
- Booth Assignments: Contracts and payment in full for exhibit space are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Booth assignments will be made in order of receipt of payment in full and as space permits. To obtain the best booth assignment possible, your contract and payment in full should be submitted as soon as possible. A company that has not settled all previous accounts with TPMA will not be assigned booth space. TPMA determines the eligibility of any company or product to be exhibited at the exposition either before or after the proper execution of the contract.
- Insurance and Liability: Each exhibitor is required to insure themselves against property loss or damage, and against liability for personal injury at their own expense. Such insurance shall be in the amount of not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit for personal injury and property damage. The exhibitor indemnifies and agrees to hold harmless the Texas Podiatric Medical Association and the Host Hotel and their owners, officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any actions, losses, costs, damages, claims, and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising from any damage to property or bodily injury to exhibitor, his agents, representatives, and/or employees by reason of the exhibitor’s occupancy or use of the exhibition facilities. Upon signing the exhibitor contract, the exhibitor expressly releases the foregoing institutions, individuals, and committees from any and all claims for loss, damage, or injury. This also includes the period of storage before and following the conference.
- Booth Payment and Cancellation Refunds: A check for payment in full per booth requested must be submitted with your completed contract. Non-payment of space will be interpreted to mean the exhibiting company no longer wishes to reserve space, and the booth reservation will be cancelled. TPMA reserves the right to resell this space to another company. Written notice of cancellation received in the TPMA office by 90 days prior to show will allow for a refund of monies submitted less a 25% handling fee. A refund of 50% will be given for cancellations between 89 and 30 days, no refunds will be given for cancellations within 30 days of the conference and for no shows. All cancellations must be received on the company’s letterhead. Payment in full must be received before space can be occupied.
- Registration and Badges: All exhibitors should register their personnel in advance on the forms provided by TPMA. Exhibitor employees who do not register in advance and who wish to register on-site must have with them their business cards bearing the exhibiting company’s name. Any additions or changes in the registrations made during the exposition must be certified by the exhibitor’s authorized representative.
- Installation and Removal of Exhibits: The exhibit area will be available as listed in agendas for exhibit preparation. Each booth must be ready for final inspection no later than 15 minutes prior to hall opening. All exhibits must remain intact until the show closes as listed. It is mutually agreed that each exhibitor will be responsible for the delivery and removal of his/her equipment and display materials to and from the exhibit area. The Host Hotel will not accept or store freight prior to the exhibition, nor be responsible for any shipping after the exhibits close. If help is required, the decorator is the exclusive handler of such materials. The exhibitor will be charged according to the Material Handling Instructions found in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual. Display booths and other exhibit materials should not be placed in such a manner as to interfere with other exhibits. Side wings should not obstruct a view of the adjacent booths. Complete information, instructions, and schedule of prices regarding shipping, drayage, labor, electrical use, furniture, carpets, etc. will be included in the Exhibitor’s Service Manual that will be sent to exhibiting companies by the decorator after the booth assignments are made.
- Exhibitor Registration: Each representative of an exhibiting firm is asked to wear an exhibitor badge in the exhibit hall at all times. Booth fees do not include session registrations.
- Failure to Occupy Space: Unless previously arranged, booth space not occupied by the exhibiting company by 30 minutes prior to show opening will forfeit space without refund to the exhibitor, and the space may be resold or used by TPMA. All booths are to be open during show hours. Vendors may not teardown booth until show is closed, or vendor is subject to penalty fee and restriction to exhibit in the future. Attendees rely on exhibitors to be available during show hours.
- Exhibit Activities: All business activities, circulars, and advertising matter of the exhibitor may be conducted and/or distributed only within the booth(s) assigned to the exhibitor. No material may be placed on seats, attached to walls, ceilings, or woodwork in the exhibit quarters. Aisles must be clear and exhibits arranged so that exhibit personnel are inside the space rented.
TPMA reserves the right to restrict exhibits which detract from the general character of the display. This reservation includes persons, objects, conduct, printed material, or anything of a character that may be objectionable to the exhibits as a whole. Expulsion of, or restrictions placed on an exhibitor may not give rise to a claim for any refund of rentals or other exposition expenses. Smoking in the exhibit hall is strictly prohibited. Exhibitors will be responsible for any damage done to the hotel building by themselves or their employees. No nails or screw may be driven into the walls, columns, or floor of the exhibit hall. All property destroyed or damaged by exhibitors must be replaced in its original condition by the exhibitor, at the exhibitor’s expense.
All draping and display materials must be made of cloth that is fireproofed. Under no circumstances will combustible oils or gases be permitted in the exhibition area. All electrical work and equipment must be ordered through the decorator or the hotel to ensure that it will meet all safety requirements.
- Canvassing by Non-Exhibitors: The exhibit is limited to registered attendees and guests of the TPMA conference, as well as registered employees of business firms, manufacturers, professional organizations, and dealers who have contracted and paid for exhibit space. No other persons or concerns will be permitted to demonstrate their products, distribute advertising materials or solicit in the exhibit hall.
- Subletting of Space: Exhibitors may not assign, sublet, or apportion the whole or any part of the space allocated. Exhibitors may not display or advertise products other than those manufactured or sold by them in the regular course of their businesses.
- Security: The TPMA shall not be held responsible for the loss of or damage to, any material for any cause and encourages the exhibitor to exercise normal precautions to prevent loss or damage. Normal security will be provided by the hotel security staff. The exhibit hall will be secured during non-exhibit hours.
- Exhibit Hall Furnishings: The draping will be color appropriate. Furniture, electrical connections, and other needs may be ordered through the official exhibitor contractor, Freeman Decorating Company, or the hotel.
- Cancellation of Exposition: Should any situation beyond the control of the TPMA arise to prevent the conference, TPMA will not be held liable for any expenses incurred by the exhibitor except the rental cost of booth space.
In the event of a dispute between the exhibitor and the exhibit managers, it is agreed that the questions may be referred to the Executive Committee of TPMA and that their decision shall be final. TPMA shall assume no responsibility for financial transactions between the exhibitor and the decorator, hotel, drayage firm, or subcontractors.
- Program Material: All persons attending the conference will receive material identifying the firms exhibiting, and the final schedule. The deadline for printing this information is 21 days prior to the conference date.
- Policy Changes: Policies are subject to the discretion of the Association. Show times are subject to change. It is the responsibility of all exhibitors to confirm show dates and times before booking travel.