APMA is holding two webinars to address the proposed bylaw changes to be considered at the 2018 House of Delegates.
The first webinar held February 7 was an explanation of the process leading up to the proposed changes.
The next call (February 26, 7 pm – 8:30 pm) will delve into the proposed changes and the questions raised about those changes.
- New requirements for Senior and Life Member categories
- Expanded membership category for non-physicians
- Reduced advance notice period for dues increase
- New HOD term limits
- Clarification of authorities of the BoT and the HOD
(consultant recommendation: APMA BoT be designated as the governance entity with fiduciary responsibility and legal authority for APMA)
- Reduction in the BoT size and a revised composition of the BoT
- Revised term limits for BoT members
- Prospective and current board member conduct
- New budget authorization process – HOD review/BoT final authority