APMA continues to advocate on behalf of podiatric medicine to address health-care reform issues. Of particular note are three bills which impact the quality of foot and ankle care – most notably with our nation’s war veterans.
- Senate Bill 1871 the VA Provider Equity Act (the companion House bill passed in 2017)
- Senate Bill 1533/House Bill 1542 the HELLPP Act.
- Senate Bill 2193 Care for our Veterans Act (to which the SB 1871 has been added)
We need your help!
Nothing resonates better with legislators than hearing from their constituents.
Please take the 2 minutes needed to follow the instructions below to contact your legislator.
It has a HUGE impact on our ability to move these bills.
- Go to the APMA eAdvocacy Page
- Under Action Alerts you will see “VA Provider Equity Act” and “HELLPP Act”
- In the gray box under VA Provider Equity Act, click “Email”
- A pre-written letter will appear with your name at the bottom. To the right, you will see a list of recipients. Confirm these are your Senators. Below the list, hit “Send All”
- Next click “Additional Alerts” and select “HELLPP Act”, then click the envelope next to “Take Action”
- A pre-written letter will appear with your name at the bottom. To the right, you will see a list of recipients. Confirm these are your Senators and Representatives. Below the list, hit “Send All”
- DONE! You have provided a TREMENDOUS service to the profession!